Saturday, September 10, 2011

Trusting God

Over the years I have had to learn to trust in God and leave my anxiety at his feet. What began as an exercise to heal myself turned into a journey to find what others thought about anxiety and capturing what I was learning into a collection of fret busters that I turn to time and time again to remind myself that God is all omnipotent.

I want to share 10 Fret Busters with you today in the hope that it will touch your heart and be useful to you as well.

Fret Buster #1:

"Believe that you are in His heart and that your interests are in His hands. Have faith in His wisdom to guide, in His love to direct, in His power to sustain, in His faithfulness to fulfill every promise that now relates to your best welfare and happiness. Only believe in God -- that all things in His disposal of you and in His transactions with you are working together for your present and eternal good." -- Octavius Winslow

Fret Buster #2:

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." -- John 14:27 NIV

Fret Buster #3:

"Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Fret Buster #4:

"An anxious heart weighs a man down, a kind word cheers him up." Proverbs 12:25 NIV

Fret Buster #5:

"Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Fret Buster #6:

"Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength." -- Charles Spurgeon

Fret Buster #7:

"The Lord replied , "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." -- Exodus 33:14 NIV

Fret Buster #8:

"As you walk through the valley of the unknown, you will find the footprints of Jesus both in front of you and beside you." -- Charles Stanley

Fret Buster #9:

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" -- Jeremiah 32:27 NIV

Fret Buster #10:

"I am no longer anxious about anything, as I realize the Lord is able to carry out His will, and His will is mine. It makes no matter where He places me, or how. That is rather for Him to consider than for me; for in the easiest positions He must give me His grace, and in the most difficult, His grace is sufficient." -- Hudson Taylor

1 comment:

  1. These are such an encouragement, I think I will tweet them!

    ReplyDelete